£99 Scheme - Insulate your home with Cavity Wall and Loft Insulation from as little as £99 with East Riding of Yorkshire & Hull City Council

Green Homes Grant Scheme

The Green Homes Grant Scheme will allow you to save money and reduce your energy bills. Claim back as much as 67% of the cost of improving the energy efficiency of your home.

If you’re a homeowner and receiving a qualifying income benefit, it could be FREE. This grant is only available from September 2020 until 31st March 2022. Don’t miss out!

You can check your eligibility here.

How does the scheme work?

Heat Insulation Ltd are Trustmark and KIWA accredited, therefore we are registered to take part within this scheme.

Once you have been issued a quote, and the requested work has been approved, then the Government will issue the voucher towards the work. You will pay your share of any costs to the installer (if applicable) before you can redeem your vouchers. The vouchers will be paid on your behalf directly to the installer.

In order to obtain the necessary vouchers, a Greens Homes Grant Scheme application will need to be made with Green Homes Grant Scheme.

What does the scheme provide?

The grant will give homeowners (including owner-occupiers and social or private landlords) the opportunity to have primary and secondary energy saving measures installed. You must include at least one primary measure to qualify for the funding vouchers.

Primary measures:


  • Solid Wall Insulation
  • Cavity Wall Insulation
  • Solid/ Suspended Floor Insulation
  • Loft Insulation
  • Flat Roof Insulation
  • Room in Roof Insulation
  • Park Home Insulation

Low Carbon Heat

  • Air Source Heat Pump
  • Ground Source Heat Pump
  • Solar Thermal
  • Biomass Pellet Boilers


Heat Insulation Ltd are available to install cavity wall,  room in roof insulation and loft insulation under the Green Homes Grant Scheme.

A full list of the secondary measure can be found here. The maximum voucher amount towards your secondary measures cannot exceed the amount of your primary measures voucher.

How much will I receive?

If you are working and not receiving benefits

If you are working and not receiving benefits, two-thirds of the cost for improving the energy efficiency of your home could be paid for by the UK Government, up to a maximum contribution of £5,000.

For example, if a homeowner of a semi-detached or end-terrace property installed cavity wall and floor insulation, costing around £4,000, the homeowner would pay just £1,320 – with the Government paying £2,680.

Making these improvements could save the owner over £200 annually on their bills. Further, it could reduce their carbon footprint by cutting 700 kg of CO2 a year from their home alone.

If you are receiving benefits

If you are receiving benefits, the whole cost of improving the energy efficiency of your home could be paid for by the UK Government, up to a maximum amount of £10,000.

For example, if a homeowner of a semi-detached or end-terrace property installed cavity wall and floor insulation, costing around £4,000, the homeowner would not have to pay anything– with the government paying £4,000.

Check your eligibility and the amount you may receive with Trusted Green Home.

If you need any help or information about the scheme, please contact Heat Insulation Ltd via the available form.

Get Your Survey

Enquiry Form

* Required field

Frequently Asked Questions

Below is a list of commonly asked questions in relation to Green Homes Grant Scheme.

How much can I get?

Vouchers will cover two-thirds of the cost of eligible improvements, up to a maximum government contribution of £5,000. If you, or someone in your household, receive certain benefits you may be eligible for a voucher covering 100% of the cost of the improvements. The maximum value of the voucher is £10,000.

Can I get the grant on a new home?

You cannot get the Green Homes Grant for newly built homes which have not been previously occupied. You may be eligible if you live in England and: - you own your own home (including long-leaseholders and shared ownership) - you own your own park home on a residential site (including Gypsy and Traveler sites) - you’re a residential landlord in the private or social rented sector (including local authorities and housing associations)

Can I claim both the Green Homes Grant and another scheme as a homeowner?

Energy Company Obligation (ECO): You cannot claim a Green Homes Grant voucher towards the cost of a measure which has also had funding under the Energy Company Obligation (ECO). You can claim both ECO and Green Homes Grant as long as they are each for different measures – for example loft insulation and cavity wall insulation. Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI): You can claim both the Domestic RHI and the Green Home Grant for a renewable heat installation. You must claim the Green Home Grant voucher first and then notify Ofgem that you have used it when you apply for accreditation to the Domestic RHI. The Green Homes Grant will then be deducted from your Domestic RHI payments. Local Authority Delivery Scheme: You cannot apply for the scheme if you have already received a grant from your local authority as part of the Local Authority Delivery Scheme.

Can I claim both the Green Homes Grant and another scheme as a landlord?

State aid: The Green Homes Grant counts towards the total de minimis state aid you’re allowed to get over a 3 year period. You must check that you will not exceed the de minimis state aid threshold of €200,000. Energy efficiency standard: Most private rented properties must have a minimum Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of E under the minimum energy efficiency standard. If you’re applying for a voucher for a private rented sector property, you need to either provide: - proof that you have met this standard - proof of an exemption

What do the vouchers cover?

Costs that are covered by the voucher include: - labour - materials - VAT Additional works will be covered by the voucher if they are necessary for the installation of measures. Work cannot be completed by yourself, a member of your household or your immediate family. All work covered by the voucher must be completed by a TrustMark-registered installer who is also registered for the scheme. Your installer will also need to meet PAS and MCS standards when installing your measures.

Some Of Our Partners